It’s that time again! Holidays! Quite timely actually as Sydney is getting cold, we’re off to sunny Cabo, Mexico in a few weeks. I am uber excited and I’m looking at beach holiday packing inspirations from my favourite celeb blogs.
1st of all because the projected weather forecast for August is SUN and 30-40 degree heat, its important not to overpack. The hotel we’re staying at also talks about dress code and apparently at dinnertime you have to wear smart casual wear, that is guys can’t wear sleeveless tops or shorts.
Here is what GOOP recommends:
I love this! SO simple and the white colour for the beach is perfect. I need to dig up all of my white dresses!
What to wear on the plane is important and again the white theme prevails.
It is a bit different for us thought than for those flying from America to Mexico because my plane trip is 13 hours to San Francisco with a layover in Los Angeles and we don’t get into Cabo till night time. So for that I prefer another plane riding outfit.
It’s important to layer as there are changes in temperature on and off the plane.
1. Leggings – warm and comfortable – you need a stretchy fabric on the plane.
2. T-shirt and a long sleeve shirt – you can easily go from tee to long sleeve and the other way around, depending on changes in temperature.
3. Blazer – look smart casual no matter where you go. The Blazer will smarten up any outfit and also help with layering
4. Scarf – for some colour and big enough to cover you up when it gets chilly in the air. I usually bring my big pashmina blanket scarf acquired in Paris. It defo doubles as a blanket on the plane.
5. Flats and Boots – Flats for the plane and boots when you land. Make sure these are comfy. In this instance I’m going to pack sandals or thongs so when I land in Mexico, I can change into those off the plane (beach ready!)
Here are some top travel tips from fashion and style experts: