One of my girlfriend’s from NZ introduced me to the Antipodes brand face cream about 2 years ago. Its an amazing face cream with vanilla bean and made out of all natural ingredients. Although super moisturising, this creamy blend of scented goodness is quite light and gets easily absorbed into the skin. Its a day cream after all and we can’t be walking around looking oiled up and shiny.
Here is the little pot of gold:
The main ingredients are avocado oil, macadamia nuts, manuka honey and kawakawa. Each of these products on their own ooze awesomeness, imagine what happens when you put them together?
I can’t get enough of this moisturiser and when I ran out I couldn’t find any in Sydney (this was 2 years back). When I went online, I did see some in vitamin shops but they were over $100. This cream cost $50 NZD which means a big win for AUD! The Antipodes brand is NZ owned and made. I am more than sure that you will start seeing this brand in department stores and supermarkets very soon.
I had to get one for myself, my mum and my mother in law while in Auckland.
The girls at the Farmer’s (NZ department store) counter were asking where I was taking all these products and I said I am running an export to Australia
I also bought these for myself and my mum as her birthday present:
Night Cream – this one doesn’t smell as amazing as the day cream Vanilla Pod, but does wonders for dry skin.
The Skin Savour balm – for all your skin care healing and moisture needs. This is what the product says: Cell and skin repair are dramatically optimized by antioxidant-rich echinacea and Vinanza Grape from grape seeds in this pure and natural cure-all that brings rescue daily. Use it to help the whole family with dry and cracked skin, grazes and bruises, chapped lips, sore muscles, sunburn, natural baby care, protection after shaving, conditioning cuticles, and in-flight hydration.
Key ingredients: Vinanza grape, tea tree and totara
This face oil is good to use after cleansing and before moisturising. I use mine at night. It cleanses and hydrates skin. Think of it as a midnight snack for your skin
The oil came in a pack with the Organic Lip Balm. Key ingredients: Cocoa butter and lime. Great product!
On the Antipodes site you can now shop online and it looks like you can buy these items in Australia too. It is much cheaper to get them in their Mother Land of New Zealand but I urge you to try them either way
I hope that this becomes another great things that has come out of the little country called Aotearoa (the land of the long white cloud) because it truly is a great natural company.
This is a Korean cosmetics and skincare brand which I’ve recently discovered in a Morning Glory store in the Sydney CBD.
What I fell in love with was :
1. The packaging – everything is in a unique/cute/pretty packaging. Whether its a fruit shaped lip gloss box or a styled tint, it just looks incredibly appealing.
7 Fruit Princess Gloss
Cutie lip gloss that gives a clear glow to the lips
2. The colours and the range – The number of different products they have will have you struggling to buy just one thing at a time. I know I wanted to buy the entire range when I saw it on the shelves. Had to restrain myself to just 1 lip tint but am definitely going back for more!
Backstage Oh! My Lip
3. The quality – From what I’ve read so far, the makeup and skincare products are great. I can’t speak for every product in the range, but from what I’ve tried and read reviews on TonyMoly products don’t often disappoint.
4. The fragrances – Everything smells fantastic! I know that most of the times fragrances are bad but I am not a big fan of fragrance-free make up as it’s not aesthetically pleasing. Give me a cherry flavoured lippy anytime!
Prestige Crystal Lipstick/SPF13
Clear cased lipstick with UV blocking functions
5. The price – Really awesome fact – TonyMoly cosmetics are more than affordable. My lip tint was $12 when I just paid $40 for a Benetint the other day. The quality of TonyMoly is the same, if not better.
The brand concept is Chic, Urban, Stylish & Modern – and that’s exactly what the products reflect.
To have a look at the brand and the range of products go to their website here http://eng.tonymoly.com/ (this is the international site)
Nail Lacquer Glitter
This is the product I bought:
TONYMOLY Backstage Sure Tint in Peach
There is an easy applicator brush
Pink/Peach colour with a bit of sparkle
This is the colour on – the tint lasts for at least 4 hours and is quite bright so I try and layer a lighter finish lipgloss over the top. Its so nice not to have lipstick on coffee cups in the morning!
Would love to hear from you if you’ve tried TonyMoly before and have a product you recommend!